Supporting schools in promoting sustainable travel
Together with the benefits of encouraging healthier children through walking and cycling to school, the free School TravelWise tool also aims to reduce the risks pupils face on their journeys to and from school and helps schools to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
The site has many benefits such as:
- Support in producing a School Travel Plan (an action plan to help guide you towards sustainable travel)
- Parents/staff users will be able to see the whole choice of transport open to them such as: the nearest bus/train/metro stops and live timetables, or how long it might take to walk, how many calories burned or how much C02 has been saved
- Information on free or discounted travel passes and car share schemes
- Encouraging pupils to become healthier (walking bus or park and stride schemes)
- Reduced congestion outside your school gates, reducing the risk of accidents
- Regular emails on national initiatives such as walk/cycle to school week
- An online survey to baseline your pupil and staff travel methods, to help evidence a shift to using sustainable methods
You'll also enjoy a free events diary and news page to promote your activities to new and existing pupils and staff.
|Bus, Train or Tram|